GDPR Compliance Statement
SmartCatholics (“us”, “we”, or “our”) is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
We take your privacy and security very seriously. Our principles for processing personal information are:
- We will process all personal information fairly and lawfully
- We will only process personal information for specified and lawful purposes
- Where practical, we will keep personal information up to date
- We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary
We routinely review the tools we use for their commitment to your privacy, and ensure that everyone on our team respects and maintains these principles.
At SmartCatholics, an individual can request information about:
- What personal information we hold about an individual
- The categories of personal information we collect from an individual
- The purposes for collecting and processing personal information from an individual
- How long we plan to keep the personal information
- The process to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information corrected or completed
- Where applicable, the process for requesting erasure of the personal information or for restricting the processing of personal information in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us
- About any automated decision-making that we use
Here’s an overview of our steps that we are taking to ensure compliance with GDPR at SmartCatholics:
- We have established procedures and policies to restrict processing of personal information
- We have reviewed all processing activities to ensure that each basis is appropriate for the activity it relates to
SmartCatholics (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.smartcatholics.com website and the SmartCatholics related websites (hereinafter referred to as SmartCatholics).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use SmartCatholics and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
Personal Data: While using SmartCatholics, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data: We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit SmartCatholics or when you access the SmartCatholics by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of SmartCatholics that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access SmartCatholics with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Use of Data
SmartCatholics uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain SmartCatholics
- To notify you about changes to SmartCatholics
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of SmartCatholics when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve SmartCatholics
- To monitor the usage of SmartCatholics
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Legal Requirements: SmartCatholics may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SmartCatholics
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with SmartCatholics
- To protect the personal safety of users of SmartCatholics or the public
To protect against legal liability
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties (including, if you are an Attendee, user) for the following business purposes:
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data (including use of Personal Data by Event Organizers, if you are an Attendee, in connection with the Organizers) that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Performing services on our behalf or in connection with SmartCatholics or Organizer Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, providing relevant recommendations and personalized user experience, enabling users to connect and interact with each other (including enabling Attendees to interact with Speakers and Event Organizers), processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- To Event Organizers in connection with Organizers providing the Organizer Services to you if you are an Attendee (including use of Personal Data by Organizers to contact you in connection with such Organizer Services and otherwise in accordance with the privacy practices of such Organizers).
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
Service providers, including:
- Payment processors.
- Ad networks.
- Security and fraud prevention consultants.
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers.
- Analytics providers.
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel.
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Special sponsors that we think may be of interest to you.
Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
Other parties at your instruction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services).
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Services).
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Services.
- Other parties authorized by you.
- Organizers (if you are an Event Attendee)
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We are a community, and event provider, and video website. Similar to an offline event, SmartCatholics is made available to you to attend and participate in an event. You accept all responsibility in respect to ensuring that any specific services which you make use of are suitable for you.
Analytics: We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com
By visiting this page on our website: smartcatholics.com/contact