1. Commit to respect and kindness
I understand that respect and kindness build trust. Trust is needed so that everyone can thrive and discover their personal best.
2. Protect my community
I will build the community I want to be a part of, one conversation at a time. I will champion the needs of others, while striving to keep my activities welcoming to everyone.
3. Be my own last line of defense
I will help SmartCatholics keep me safe. I will be responsible with my activities, personal information, and conduct.
Code of Conduct
Everyone should expect a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment, whether attending a conference or joining a community.
Everyone must follow these guidelines, and understand what happens if the rules aren’t followed.
The following behaviors are expected of all event participants:
- Be considerate and respectful at all times.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior.
- Alert the SmartCatholics team if you notice violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable at any SmartCatholics event.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Deliberately inflammatory or discriminatory language or insults against other groups or individuals.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the SmartCatholics team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference/community without warning or refund.
The decision of SmartCatholics moderators is final.
You agree to hold SmartCatholics, partners, and all related team members, free from any liability, legal, personal, or otherwise, related to any experiences that come from your decisions, or the decisions of other attendees.
Please reach out quickly, and as often as you need, for help or clarity with your event or community experience.