Code of Conduct
SmartCatholics is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all speakers, attendees, exhibitors, and other participants to help us create a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in SmartCatholics’ sole discretion, and the decision of SmartCatholics’ representatives will be final.
2. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected of all event participants:
- Be considerate and respectful at all times.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior.
Alert the SmartCatholics team if you notice violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable at any SmartCatholic event.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Deliberately inflammatory or discriminatory language or insults against other groups or individuals.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
4. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, speakers, volunteers, or sponsors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the SmartCatholics team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
5. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a SmartCatholics team member.
We expect all Summit participants (attendees and speakers, paid or otherwise; sponsors and exhibitors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all SmartCatholics events —as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to event business. This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside event activities when such behavior may adversely affect the well-being of community members.