SmartCatholics brings tons of passionate people together through online events. That means we’re going to need somewhere that’s ours, a place where we can keep meeting and making new friends.
We need a place to swap stories and ideas (not advice!).
Most importantly, it has to be free of toxicity, trolls, and ads. (Bye bye, Facebook. We love you, but…)
Why you should join us:
When you join our community, you’ll get to dip in and out of discussion areas whenever you want. Each time we host a new event, you’ll be able to join the new club.
Sometimes we’ll host workshops that you can join.
But most exciting is this – the speakers, veterans, and new voices that you met in the events will host occasional video chats. Q&A hours. And more.
Because there’s nothing more annoying than a ton of information. We need the insights and the fellowship to help us apply it to our own lives.
Most importantly; you get to meet and make friends with like-minded Catholics.
A few things you’ll see quickly that make SmartCatholics different:
- It’s ours. As we build this community together, we want a place to meet like-minded Catholics, free of toxicity, trolls, and advertising.
- There are more ways for you to make friends and meet people. There are more ways for you to meet people who are near you, who fall into the same categories, or who care about the same topics. I can’t get this in free groups or on a website elsewhere.
- We can bring together content and community. This means we’re freed up to bring you new, fresh ideas and new practices that you can take into your daily life.
What You Should Expect From SmartCatholics
I’m aiming to make your experience here awesome. I want you to get five key things from SmartCatholics:
- Get exclusive content and conversations you can’t find anywhere else.
- Meet people who share your interests who live near you, who do the same things, or who care about the same topics.
- Make better, more well-informed decisions about the things that are most important to you.
- Swap stories, experiences, and ideas (not necessarily advice) around our shared mission.
- Find a little inspiration, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspective each and every day.
To make this a reality, I’m going to need your help.
Every time you contribute a story, experience, or idea, you’re building a knowledge base every member of this community can tap to make better decisions.
Each new group within this community will have it’s own series to bring you ongoing support and formation.
Fun stuff we’re starting with:
We’re starting with 3 ideas that we think we’ll all enjoy:
- A series on Evangelization for Extroverts and Introverts – short interviews and ideas with speakers for the rest of us! Read the sneak peak
- A podcast that we all make together – sharing stories, jokes, and upbeat insights for a weekly pick-me-up
- A monthly photo invite to share a photo of something in your home or community that inspires you
I’ll blog more about them soon. 🙂
We’re just getting started. And when you join us, you’re pouring sacramental fuel on this Easter pyre.
Over to you!
- What would you like to see this community do?
- What are some activities that would make our journey more exciting?
- What would you hope to get out of joining a SmartCatholics community?